- American Fountain Pen Co. Office in New York. Dissolved 1905
- Arcadia Fountain Pen Co., Newark, NJ Barred from US mails, July 12, 1902.
- Auburn Pen Co., Auburn, NY Barred from US mails, May 7. 1902
The mail of the Auburn Pen Co.was held at the Auburn Post Office by Postmaster Clark Wednesday after orders from the federal authorities at Washington, a telegram from Assistant Attorney General Tyner received at the post office ordering the action. The officers of the pen company are in the dark as yet regarding the cause of such action and are anxiously awaiting replies to telegrams and correspondence sent to Washington asking for explanation as to the reasons for the course which has been pursued.
H. M. Cameron of the company stated that he surmised the mail was held up on a complaint made by Mrs. Emma B. Smith of 39 Perry St. who had been writing letters for the firm and had been discharged, at the end of two weeks of the sales from her letter /unreadable/
Business is at a standstill with the Auburn Pen company and it will until it can obtain its mail. Another inspector of the Post Office will probably be sent to investigate the
- Bank Pen Co. Office in New York. Dissolved 1905
- Central Pen & Manufacturing Co. Office in New York. Dissolved 1902
- Colonial Pen Co. Incorporated in Maine. Three years' franchise taxes unpaid 1903
- Diamond Point Fountain Pen Co. Office in New York. Dissolved 1894
- Earl Fountain Pen Co. Office in New York. Dissolved 1904
- Empire Fountain Pen Co, Massena, NY Barred from US mails, June 19, 1902
- Foley Gold Pen Co. Office in New York. Dissolved 1890.
- Foley, John, Gold Pen Co. Office in New York. Dissolved 1904
- Fort Wayne Fountain Pen Co., Fort Wayne, Ind. Barred from US mails, Sept. 17, 1902
- Fountain Automatic Pen Co., Office in New York. Dissolved 1904
- H.G.H. Fountain Pen Manufacturing Co. Office in New York. Dissolved 1904
- Kerner Stylographic Pen Co. Office in New York. Dissolved 1883
- Mackinnon Pen Co Office in New York. Dissolved 1884
- New Century Pen Co. Office in New Yorkm Dissolved 1904
- Novelty Fountain Pen Co. Office in New York. Dissolved 1890
- Prange Pen Co., Kalamazoo, Mich. Barred from US mails, Aug. 13, 1902
- Quaker City Fountain Pen Co., Philadelphia, Pa. Barred from US mails, Mar. 28, 1904
- Quaker City Self Filling Fountain Pen Co., Philadelphia, Pa. Barred from US mails, Mar. 28, 1904
- Ray Pen & Pencil Co. Office in New York. Dissolved 1888.
- Standard Fountain Pen Co. Office in New York. Dissolved 1903. Barred from US mails, Dec. 15, 1902
"Complaint No.1264.--In the matter of W. C. Blickenstaff; otherwise known as W. C. Buick,
doing business under the trade name and style Standard Fountain Pen Co. Charge: Unfair
methods of competition are charged in that then respondent, engaged in the sale of fountain pens
at wholesale, supplies circulars and advertising matter to his dealers which describe said pens
and bear purported regular retail prices (which are in fact fictitious prices and greatly in excess
of the real value of said pens) and further supplies coupons bearing statements to the effect that
for one day only said coupons will be accepted at their face value inn part payment for the
respondent’s pens at said regular retail prices, thus falsely representing that the penis wilt be
sold for a limited the at a substantial reduction in price ; and in that respondent causes certain
of his pen points to be stamped “ 14 K,” thereby indicating that said points are 14-karat gold,
when in fact they are made of an alloy simulating gold in color and appearance but containing
no gold inn substantial quantities, all in alleged violation of section 5 of the Federal Trade
Disposition : After a stipulation, entered in lieu of testimony, the commission entered an order
to cease and desist on June 24, 1925." From the trade Commission 1926 annual report.
- Sterling Fountain Pen Co., Wilkesbarre, Pa. Barred from US mails, July 11, 1902.